Thursday, August 16, 2012

Photography Idol [Orange County Children Photographer]

One of my favorite photography resources, Chic Critique Forum  is hosting another great contest! It's called "Photography Idol" and if by some stroke of luck I make it into the contest, I'll be competing against 9 other photographers with weekly challenges and subject to peer voting. Sounds super exciting!!!!  To enter I'm supposed to pick one image that best describes my style. That's like trying to pick one outfit that best describes your style. Impossible! I feel like my style is always changing as I grow and learn but I'm going to give it a shot.

I thought long and hard about this and decided on my personal favorite image to date that combines all of the things I love about photography: my daughter who inspires me to capture everything, not just the perfect poses; natural light; simple settings; coveys emotion; soft, creamy, warm editing; and a hint of editorial flair.

Am I able to capture all of those things in every image? No, but it's a nice goal to strive for. :)







4 comments:

  1. I adore this so much! Love the processing!

    I can't seem to sign in with my email and site here-

    Mary Schannen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That's ok, I found you on Facebook. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet photo!!
    Im your newest follower :)
    http://www.fromsarahscamera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete